We support several missionaries, some of whom came out of Anchor.
- Sharon serves in Central Asia at a Christian bookstore.
- Jennifer serves in Macau.
- Anna serves with UW Sports Ministry.
We have a great relationship with other churches in our neighborhood, and do some things together.
- In 2008, we joined forces with some Presbyterian churches to build a home for a Somali familiy through Habitat for Humanity; we joined forces again the following year for another family, and will do so again this year!
- Since 2007, we’ve held joint Lenten services on Sunday nights, rotating between the churches. In recent years we’ve met with a local judge, as well as local non-profit org leaders; we’ve been learning how we can best serve our neighbors.
- Since 2011, we have held a community worship event on Labor Day Weekend in Hamilton Park, right in the center of our neighborhood. We average over 200 people at this event!
The neighborhood churches in the 46808 zipcode that have been working together:
First Mennonite, Grace Presbyterian, Three Rivers Wesleyan, Trinity United Methodist, New Zion Tabernacle,
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran, Faith United Presbyterian, North Highlands Church of Christ, Main Street Nazarene
We are committed to partnering with other local ministries to better serve one another and our neighbors.
- Christian Counseling Centers of Indiana: Dr. Dan Boen
- Mentoring Moms: counseling for women and families, as well as ministry and leadership development opportunities for Christian women.
- Community Harvest Food Bank
- The Literacy Alliance – GED classes, reading improvement courses
- A Hope Center: resources for pregnant women and young moms
- Redemption House: A Restorative Justice Prison Mnistry to Women
- NeighborLink Fort Wayne: volunteer to help a neighbor in need
- Associate Churches of Fort Wayne and Allen County: over 120 churches ministering together to our local schools, through food banks to hungry families, and help to newborns and their young moms.
- FW Habitat for Humanity: helping bring an end to homelessness in our community
- Other local ministries we collaborate with: YWCA, FW Rescue Mission and Charis House, Lutheran Social Services of Indiana, Rising Stars, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and Allen County Jail Chaplaincy.
We are a founding member of the Fort Wayne Fatherhood Coalition. Seven local organizations and churches came together at the request of Judge Charles Pratt to create programs and resources to help dads become better fathers. It began as a partnership with Indiana Youth Institute; the coalition now also includes: Trinity United Methodist Church, Stillwater Retreat, Faith Based Mentoring, YMCA – Youth Services Bureau.